Tuesday 17 September 2013

A Trio Of Apple Butters, Part 3- Gingered Butternut Squash and Apple Butter

No picture today, because I lost my light before I finished cleaning my place.  Trying to tidy up with a toddler makes me deeply sympathize with Sisyphus. They're like little walking agents of chaos and destruction.  No sooner would I clean one thing, then I'd go back and he'd be ripping apart the thing I had cleaned before I cleaned the last thing.  I'll try to take a picture and update this post tomorrow. In better news... I made Adventuretime Bacon Pancake cookies!  I'll post about it tomorrow.  For now, though, here is the last post about apple butter this month.  I swear.

Gingered Butternut Squash and Apple Butter

Ingredients

  • 10 apples, cored- no need to peel
  • 1/2 a medium-sized butternut squash, cooked, cubed and peeled
  • 1 3-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
  • 1 cinnamon stick
  • 1/4 cup carrot juice, apple cider or water (the carrot juice was spectacular here)


Directions:

  1. Throw all ingredients into a slow cooker and cook for four hours on high, or until apples are soft.
  2. Remove the cinnamon stick and blend until smooth.
  3. Throw the butter and the cinnamon stick back into the slow cooker and cook on high for an hour and a half with the lid cracked open for steam to escape.  Let cool and enjoy.
What geeky foods would you like to see me replicate?
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment